June 20, 2013

#INSPIRATION: To Keep Me Going

As you all know I have been setting quite a few goals lately and working hard to accomplish them but recently I feel as though I have hit a plateau and I am in need of some serious inspiration for EVERYTHING I have been working for.

It's not that I don't want to be FIT anymore or keep up on my CLEANING SCHEDULE. I want these things more then ever before! I just don't have the energy to do it.  

I know I know getting in shape will help me with the energy but honestly I just want to come home at night and lay down. I would love to just veg out on the couch for one night with my hubby and not clean or stress about anything going on in my life. 

So this post is mostly for me! I need some serious INSPIRATION!

For my writing inspiration I referred back to the amazing book "The Right to Write" by Julia Cameron and found this passage marked:

"Left to it's own devices, writing is like weather. 
It has a drama, a form, a force to it that shapes, the day. Just as a good rain clears the air, a good writing day clears the psyche.
There is something very right about simply letting yourself write. And the way to do that is to begin, to begin where you are."



Another HUGE inspiration this week came in the form of a video from a co-worker. I have seriously watched this video at least 10 times over the past few days. I wish I could figure out how to make this my alarm in the mornings.


WOW RIGHT!

My favorite quote from it:

"Luck is the last dying wish of those that believe winning can happen by accident.
Sweat on the other hand is for those that know its a choice.
So decide now because destiny waits for no man 
and when your time comes and a thousand voices say your not ready for it.
Listen instead to that lone voice of decent
the one that says
YOU ARE READY
YOU ARE PREPARED NOW
it's all up to you now
so RISE and SHINE!"

I really believe this applies to every aspect of our lives, not just for getting in shape. I know that is why I have listened to it over and over. 

I hope some of this inspired you the way it has for me.

If you have found an inspirational quote, video or anything at all I would love for you to share it!


 photo keiasig.jpg

14 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I often don't feel like doing anything but lounging around after I get home from work. But I force myself to go out and walk and I feel really good for doing it. Get a pedometer, set a goal of steps for each day and strive to get your steps in each day. Sounds a little silly but that's what I did and it's working!

    Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! I need to do something to keep me going out often. Thanks for coming over :D

      Delete
  2. Hey! I found you from the bloglovin' link up! Love your blog and I hope you break that plateau! Good luck, you can definitely do it!

    xox

    Jordan

    http://thattallgirlinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for coming over and commenting :D

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from SITS. Happy Saturday Sharefest! Very Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Star! I appreciate the comment :D

      Delete
  4. What a great post. Stopping by from SITS and I'm also a fellow working mom. Life is definitely crazy, and I'm always seeking sources of little inspiration for me. The two sources you share are great. I love finding quotes and visuals to pin up in my office to remind me to keep working hard and reflect on what's important. We also have a large chalkboard in our house that we'll doodle on and write a little note. It's the little things, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like that idea! I need to have inspiration board at home and work. That would be great! Thank you for coming over and commenting Kerry :D

      Delete
  5. It was great meeting you on SITS Sharefest earlier! I just watched that video - wow! I feel like I should go work out again! That really was inspirational! Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over Michelle! I'm glad the video wow'd you like it did for me :D
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. Sometimes working toward your goals, even if you really want them, can be so exhausting! I feel you! A healthy dose of inspiration never hurt anyone :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over Melissa! I agree sometimes your head just isn't in it at the right moment.

      Delete
  7. I think we all need some down time now and then! I find when I have no energy to get anything done is when I've overdone it and I need a break. I hit that the other day...came back from a networking meeting and breakfast with a friend and sat down in front of my computer and just couldn't do anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely had days like that as well Michelle. It is nice to hear other people get burned out too :D
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete