June 20, 2014

Curve Ball!!!

The past 6 months have been full of improvement but not in the areas I had planned on. It's funny how life throws you a curve ball and before you know it you are veering off track quickly and you can't get your feet solid underneath you. That about sums up the last 6 months for me. 

I have wanted my focus of improvement to mostly be in my personal life and found that I was neglecting my professional life. I think this is why my curve ball came into play. I was so focused on certain areas of my life that I didn't see the problems arising at work. I can happily say that those problems are now resolved but while I was fixing this curve ball that I took blindly to the face my personal life (this blog included) suffered.

Finding balance in your life is unbelievably hard. I have at times thought it is impossible. How you can focus on certain areas to improve without losing focus of others? That is something we have to battle with everyday.

I have been reading a book called "The Slight Edge" and it has been amazing in getting my mind and my anxiety in check. I have so many ambitions both personally & professionally that I feel overwhelmed almost daily. This book has opened my eyes to the fact that doing the little things everyday to move my business forward and to make sure my family is taken care of.... that is where I am going to find balance. 

If I commit to doing enough of those little things every day no matter what then my goals will be moving forward daily. It might not be at a rapid pace but I have decided that is okay. If you try to move to quickly you not only miss out on what is happening right now but you also leave open game for that crazy curve ball and you will likely strike out. If you slow down you might see it coming and be able to hit it out of the park before it ever rears its ugly face.

That is all for now :D 

 photo keiasig.jpg