April 10, 2013

Making the Change

I have talked a little bit about setting goals and striving to obtain your dreams. I have been thinking about this a lot in my life and realized that I need to take the first step towards my dreams and goals so that I am actually making progress and moving towards them and not just "planning" them!

So the question came to mind: How do you make the BIG change in your life? How do you go from where you are now to where you want to be? There are so many obstacles along the way that can trip you up and steer you off course. 

Fear is one, Motivation is another, Doubt is HUGE! 

If you doubt yourself, your ability to accomplish your goal, your dream then you have already set yourself up for failure because the second anything starts to look scary or challenging you will give up. You will throw your hands in the air and say "I didn't think it was a reality for me anyways." 

You need to believe in your heart that you are capable of anything you put your mind to. You need to believe in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself who will? You are the most important. You are the one that matters. 

Now I have been saying "you" a lot but I'm talking to myself here!  I know that I need to believe in myself so that I can take the first steps towards the changes I want in my life. I am the only one that can make that happen for myself. No one else can do it for me. 

So what am I going to do to Make the Change!? 

With my writing in particular I am going to write for 15 minutes/day for one week. At the end of the first week I'm going to raise it to 20 minutes and keep going. I am also going to try this with working out. I'm going to start out with 15 minutes per day and raise it every week from there. 

Now I know what your thinking... 15 minutes is nothing! That will be easy! I agree but I also think that setting an attainable goal in the beginning will help with motivation and help keep you going and getting over those crazy obstacles that always arise! 

I actually tried this last night. I made myself sit down for 15 minutes and write. 30 minutes flew by so fast before I was done! It was crazy and kind of an eye opener that I really can do this!

So this is my goal for this week (and yes it is a Weds that I am starting this goal!

This is one of my favorites quotes

"If a man advances confidently in the direction of his dreams & he endeavors to live the life that he has imagined he will meet with success unexpected in common hours."  - Henry David Thoreau

Until next time :)
 photo keiasig.jpg