April 23, 2013

Success & Failure

It's time to come clean!
I have made several goals & commitments in the past few weeks & I need to document my success' and failures.

First up is my writing. I made a goal to write for at least 15 minutes ever day for one week and up it to 20 minutes the next week. Those 2 weeks have come & gone and I have to say I am pretty happy with my efforts.

Did I write every day? Nope but I did write more than I ever have in a 2 week time frame. I even started developing a few characters I have had in my head for way to long.
It felt pretty good!

Next up is my goal to workout for 15 minutes every day for 1 week and up it to 20 minutes the following week. Let me just start by saying 
EPIC FAIL! 
I am not exaggerating.

The first week I didn't do anything even remotely close to exercise & the 2nd week I went for a walk with Aspen once! I don't think that even counts as working out. Now you understand the necessity for the word epic!

I do feel like my writing was a success even though I didn't do exactly what I had planned. I still made progress.
Working out on the other hand was a major flop and I am not proud of myself but like Will Smith says:

I am going to continue with both goals and try much harder at both! 

After all that is all we can do right? Never give up on what you want most!
 photo keiasig.jpg

16 comments:

  1. Good Job on the writing! I say at least the 2nd week of working out was better than the 1st... I mean a walk is better than nothing! Keep building on that!

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holly! I do need to count the walk ha ha it is better than nothing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you noted that you didn't follow through and are willing to try again! It's all about moving forward. And if sometimes we sit down or slip backwards, it's just part of a process. Good luck with all of it! Also, Keia is lovely :) Is it pronounced like KIE-a (like PIE) or KEE-a or KAY-a? My guess is the first one. But I like all 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its pronounced like the car Kia. or Key-a
      I'm going to hop over to your blog now! your blog name is intriguing :)

      Delete
  4. I think it's great that you managed to write!
    It's okay that you didn't get to work out. It's never too late. Good luck!
    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Alison :) I am determined to make it happen. I know I can workout just sometimes I would rather do other things ha ha okay alot of the time!

      Delete
  5. Good for you for setting goals! I often fail at the workout goal too, but I'm keeping it as a goal! I love that quote from Will Smith. Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! Working out is so hard to start once you get there it is great! I know this but now that i'm not in the habit it is killing me! Thanks for coming to say hello :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Keia, I found you at SITS and your are doing a great job with your blog. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I am sure that you will not mind connecting with new blog followers and friends. You will find the instructions on my blog at http://fitandbeyond40.com I am your new follower as well! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret I honored you nominated me! I'll hear over now and look at your blog :)

      Delete
  7. Working out is hard to stick to! Hope you continue to reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meagan I definitely want to achieve this and be healthy!

      Delete
  8. It helps to be accountable to someone for your goals. Tell someone and have them check up on you with it. It make you think, "Oh, so-and-so is going to ask me about it, I better do it." I recently had a RS meeting on organizing the house and what stuck with me is creating the life you want. I have been de-junking and I say, does this thing help me create the life I want? If not, then I get rid of it. Good job on starting on your goals:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true! I should tell Jessie to follow up with me cus you know how she can be ;) I like the de-junking idea too! I need to do that for sure!

      Delete
  9. *patting you on the back* Speaking of writing success... I nominated you for a Liebster Award, Keia!!! ;D http://sawdustonmyboot.com

    ReplyDelete