January 17, 2014

'You've Got Mail' & Finding Who You Are


Today I was working from home and decided to put on the amazing movie You've Got Mail while my 2 year old was taking a nap. I mostly put it on for background noise but I'll admit I was sucked into it immediately. It is such a beautiful story about two people who thought they knew who they were but found themselves in situations that made them think otherwise. And yes of course there is the love story as well!

When Kathleen Kelly said:



I cannot tell you how much that statement reflects my own life. Sometimes I wonder how I got where I am and quite honestly I kind of fell into my current career. It wasn't something I sought out but for the past 7 years I have been working hard at it and am honestly quite good at it. I do enjoy my job but its definitely not something I am passionate about. So when I heard her say this in the movie today it immediately made me think about my little blogging adventure and how I am building my passion for writing into something concrete.

This also made me think about how many people out there do not even take the time to figure out who they are and what they truly want out of life. I know this because I was that person a few years ago. It wasn't until I took the time to write out my thoughts that I figured it out for myself. Now, I know writing isn't the best way for everyone to do it but I must say it is a pretty fantastic place to start if you don't know where to go with your thoughts. It may just lead you to finding yourself or finding another outlet to find yourself.

So my challenge to you.... try your hand at writing your feelings, your fears and see where you end up! 

Love always,
 photo keiasig.jpg